Sunday 11 March 2012

Daniel Galvin Junior


Have you ever suffered from the horrible ailment that is hairdresser guilt? You like a hairdresser, you build up a relationship with them, they cut your hair really nicely and over the years you become closer. The hairdresser continues to cut your hair but it always seems to look the same and you are bored stiff with your style. You are both in a rut and it's time for a change but through guilt and loyalty you just can't leave them?

Well this has been the story of my life! It all started with the horrendous Peter who cut my hair as a kid. He had been my Mum's hairdresser for years and through guilt and loyalty she forced me to go to him. Even when he cut all my lovely locks off and made me look like a boy (He was only asked to do a trim) my Mum couldn't put an end to this doomed relationship and I had to put up with him for years.

As I got older I found myself going back to stylists year after year and even when given a mullet that ruined any chances of romance in my first year of university, I still insisted on seeing Grant at my local salon.

Fast forward ten years and I have finally realised that when it comes to hair you need to be very picky and never settle for second best.

So, it was with a light heart that I skipped along to Daniel Galvin Junior's Salon in Chelsea without giving (too much of) a thought to my normal stylist. Daniel's gorgeous Chelsea Salon had been recommended to me by a friend and it really is amazing.

The salon itself is intimate and cosy and the staff are very welcoming. From the moment you enter you are made to feel like a VIP. Take for example the massage chair that instantly relaxes you as you have your hair washed with Daniel's Organic Hair range. Much to my pleasure, every delicious cup of coffee is also accompanied with a Bonne Maman cake which is a lovely touch.

What really counts though is the standard of the cut. This is no Toni and Guy or Vidal Sassoon (where you often leave with a signature salon style rather than looking how you hoped) but is a place where the stylist will create the perfect cut for YOU. The guy who cut my hair did so with real care and involved me every step of the way.The result was that I left the salon with the hair that I have always dreamt of rather than the boring old style that I have come to expect.

If you fancy overcoming your hairdresser guilt and paying a visit to this fabulous salon then check out the details here http://www.danielgalvinjunior.com/

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment