Thursday 5 January 2012

Bliss Fat Girl Slim Wrap




Morning! Today I am handing Bonn Beauty over to my best friend Pip. She got married in November and had the most incredible wedding!! Before said wedding I treated her to Bliss Fat Girl Slim Wrap....here are her thoughts:

"With less than a month to go until my wedding, I had a little panic. It seems that with old age I’ve lost the ability to diet and I’ve never been one for regular exercise; with a slightly worrying dress fitting where my dream dress sat a little tight on the hips, I suddenly thought that perhaps I shouldn’t have been so complacent.

All wine was cancelled– I call it the vodka and slimline tonic diet - and of course, all bread and pasta was off the menu replaced by beans and salads. Snore.

But I needed an extra boost to help shift a couple of nuisance pounds and thankfully, one of my bridesmaids just so happened to be my best friend, Nicola of Bonn Beauty Blog fame. Nic had the answer: the amusingly, and slightly indelicately titled Fat Girl Slim wrap at Bliss Spa. For a slightly weird but very pleasant hour and a half I experienced what it feels like to be a piece of oven-baked salmon.

Lying on a heated foil blanket, I was first of all dry body-brushed all over in order to stimulate my lymphatic system and discourage water retention. This was followed by an all over body massage using a gorgeous smelling citrus oil. A sea-weed wrap was then applied to the troublesome parts – thighs, bum, stomach – and then the baked salmon effect was completed by wrapping me up tightly in the foil and leaving me to ‘cook’ for 15 minutes. The whole process was really relaxing and – although a little odd – was one I would recommend. It's like a really good massage but with the chance you may lose a few pounds at the end of it, I see that as a total bonus.

And the results? Well, I think it did make a bit of a difference and it certainly helped to kick start a healthy couple of weeks. They encourage you to drink lots of water, cut out caffeine and alcohol and reduce your salt intake (some of which I did!). And I continued to use the Fat Girl Slim product creams which help tone. I really do think the dress hung a lot better on the day, but actually, I was on such a high that it didn’t matter either way: what an amazing day! "

2 comments: