Monday 9 January 2012

The Chelsea Day Spa



I adore being on the radio over Christmas. There is something very magical about chatting to people and playing their favourite festive tunes as they unwrap their pressies and spend time with their families. The only draw-back is that I have started 2012 feeling a bit knackered and could do with a break.

Not having the time for a holiday I decided to turn to the second best thing and yesterday I spent the best part of three hours in utter heaven at The Chelsea Day Spa.

The Spa is nestled just off The Kings Road next to The Carphone Warehouse and is very easy to miss. Once you've climbed up the stairs, passed an accountant's office and finally reached reception, you are struck by the friendly welcome and the simplicity of the place. No ultra modern furnishings or fancy furniture here, it is a clean, welcoming sort of place with lovely wallpaper and a cosy waiting area.

My first treatment was a Darphin Facial and was the most wonderful, relaxing and educational treatment I have ever had.

My therapist was called Elise (I implore you to ask for her because she's just amazing.) She spent about fifteen minutes studying my skin and talking through my problem areas as well as my daily skincare routine. I discovered that I have got the first signs of aging (eeek) and that I need to exfoliate and do masks more often.

Elise then told me exactly what to expect during the treatment and that she had chosen the Vitamin & Tangerine Vitalizer Energising & Radiance Treatment which is described on the website as "A perfect pep up for sluggish skin. Delivers a high-powered boost to rev up skin's natural vitality and antiaging resouces for a smooth, toned, revitalized and radiant complexion."

The next hour was so deeply relaxing and wonderful that I feel good just writing about it. The treatment started with a "foot ritual" which involved hot towels being applied to my feet and having my pressure points massaged. The same thing was then done to my shoulders. The reason for this ritual is to make you ultra relaxed as one of the beliefs of the people over at Darphin is that the more relaxed you are, the more effective the products will be.

Following this wonderful start to the treatment, a succession of stunning smelling creams, serums, exfoliators and masks were applied with the utmost expertise. Elise used her hands in so many different ways and I could feel her plumping up my skin and helping the products work their wonders with an array of deep massage, facial tapping and other techniques that she had totally perfected.

My favourite part of the facial was the beautiful arm massage during my face mask and the facial massage which was deeply relaxing. (So relaxing that I very nearly nodded off which is rare for me!)

Apart from the spectacular treatment, I was also excited to be introduced to Darphin products for the first time. I was really impressed by the feel of them on my skin and their ethos. I also love the fact that they contain an array of botanical ingredients. I'll definitely be reviewing their stuff in more depth in the near future.

My experience at the Chelsea Day Spa culminated with their "New York Manicure" which is £15 and is described on the website as an "immaculate manicure in a New York minute."

I must admit that I expected a quick shape and polish and was very pleasantly surprised when I was treated to a full half hour mani consisting of a soak, cut, file & shape, in depth cuticle work, hand massage, moisturise and polish. A total and utter bargain made even better by the snacks and one of my favourite girly films "Notting Hill" playing in the backround.

This little spa is a hidden gem and the quality of the treatments that I experienced was absolutely exceptional!

The Darphin Vitamin & Tangerine Vitalizer costs £85 for an hour's treatment and £340 for a course of five.

The New York Manicure is a mere £15 and beats a trip to the likes of Nails Inc hands down!!

For more information check out www.thechelseadayspa.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. This hotel and spa looks so elegant and homey. I would love to try their spa and all their amenities. Good thing it's not that expensive just like the day spa in Long Island.

    ReplyDelete