Monday 15 August 2011

Magical Mandara Spa


Last week was crazy crazy crazy!! I found myself working double shifts on Heart because of the riots and was feeling a bit stressed meaning that I wasn't getting enough sleep.

The one thing that kept me going was the fact that I had a treatment booked at the Mandara Spa at the Park Plaza Hotel in Westminster on Friday. I had heard great things about the place and was hoping I would leave feeling like a new person.

I was booked in for the Mandara Spa Discovery package where "Age-old tradition combines with the finest of European skincare for a deliciously relaxing experience. Aroma Reflex Foot Ritual ~Balinese Massage ~ Elemis Taster Facial."

When I arrived I was led to the waiting room which I just loved. There were refreshments in abundance, every up to date magazine you could ever want, comfy sofas and relaxing music that almost lulled me to sleep before the treatment actually began.

My therapist for the next one and a half hours was the lovely Aline who led me into one of the most comfy and atmospheric treatment rooms I have ever been in. I was given a cosy dressing gown and slippers to change in to and sat back in a sofa as I was treated to a Balinese foot ritual. This involved having my feet placed in a warm bowl of water filled with rose petals and a beautiful aromatherapy oil (which I had chosen in advance). My feet were massaged and pumiced and I could already feel myself unwinding.

Following this gorgeous experience I was led to the treatment bed where I had one of the best massages I've ever had in my life. Aline exerted just the right amount of pressure and it just went on and on. My whole body felt like it was floating!

Finally I was given the mini facial (which went on for far longer than most) and felt even more relaxed as Aline rubbed and scrubbed my face with a variety of great smelling Elemis products.

I left the spa feeling relaxed, glowing and really soft from the gorgeous products that they use.

The great thing about the spa is that everything is based on Balinese traditions and Aline explained to me that a beautician from Bali teaches every therapist in the place exactly how to do the treatments. The outcome is something just a little bit different to your usual spa experience. The whole thing felt a bit spiritual and magical to be honest.

The price for the Discovery treatment is £125. I recommend this for anyone who is feeling very stressed and needs a real treat. Check out all the details here: http://www.mandaraspa.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment