Thursday 4 August 2011

Hedgehogs and Factor 15

Apart from being obsessed with beauty I am also a great lover of animals.

I have had all sorts of pretty commonplace pets in my life including numerous hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs and budgies. I have always wanted a dog!

A couple of years ago my husband phoned me all excited and said that he had found the perfect pet for me (basically to stop me going on about wanting a dog). Three hours later he arrived home with a hissing creature in a box and so my life with Hetty Wainthropp the African Pygmy Hedgehog began.

Hetty is one of the weirdest animals I have ever known. She hisses, licks people and produces a weird foam which she then puts all over her spikes, she runs for 8 hours a night on a wheel and has the bowel control of a geriatric tortoise.

Anyway, we recently found out that Hetty is in fact a boy. This was revealed when she/he started mating with the carpet and what we thought was her bellybutton turned out to be something completely different.

I have no idea what to do about this little "issue" and any advice would be much appreciated.

Anyway, while I sort out my hedgehog's relationship issues I thought that I would also share with you my newest love. It comes in the shape of a very simple white bottle of Palmers Cocoa Butter with added Factor 15. I don't like the smell of the usual Palmers but for some reason this one is more creme brulee than sickly sweet chocolate. It obviously has the added benefit that it gives you protection from the sun and reduces scars and marks.

Here's a picture of Hetty. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment