Tuesday 2 August 2011

The Ultimate Mascara Continued....


I honestly think that the most important part of any makeup bag is mascara! I had a long chat with Ruby Hammer about the eternal mission to find the perfect one and she said that like most women she is still searching for the perfect product. It makes me feel better to know that even the best makeup artists in the world share my mascara challenges!

We obviously all have different lash needs and what works on your best friend may do absolutely nothing for you, but some mascaras are so good that they deserve a mention and a try.


MAC Haute and Naughty Lash:
This is my mascara of choice at the moment and I absolutely love it. It is a day and night mascara in-one with a thick brush making up the main body of the mascara and a thinner once cleverly added at the top. I tend to stick to the thicker brush and it has the most amazing effect on my lashes. They look long, thick and not too clumpy. I thoroughly recommend the thick brush for dramatic lashes and the other one for a natural daytime look.

L'Oreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Technology
Sarah Brock recommends this for people with damaged lashes as the "beauty tubes" extend the lashes by literally attaching themselves to your natural ones, making you look like you're wearing the most natural falsies ever.

Basically this mascara has two ends. First of all you apply a white substance containing the tubes and then you go over them with mascara. Your lashes will look really long and natural. This is notfor you if you like a really heavy look though.

Taking this mascara off is really easy too. You literally use hot water and the tubes fall off. A great product!!

As ever, let me know which mascaras you love and why! The search continues!!

1 comment: