Wednesday 4 January 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year one and all!! I hope that you had a lovely break and managed to relax and spend some quality time with your families and loved ones.

My first Christmas as a married lady was wonderful but crazy. Have you seen the film "Four Christmases" with Reese Witherspoon? Well that was what my Christmas felt like. I indeed had four different Christmases and the sheer amount of food and drink has led to the return of an old friend..my belly!!

I also discovered this Christmas that I am a terrible influence on children. For some reason, toddlers don't view me as an adult but as one of them. My two year old nephew Charlie (who I am utterly in love with) bosses me around, laughs every time he looks at me and sometimes raises his tiny eyebrows at me as if he is the adult and I am the naughty child.

On Boxing Day I was playing "shops" with Charlie and he was having great fun selling me pretend apples, pears and cups of tea. Now I'll do anything to make Charlie laugh,(he's one of the only people who actually gets my sense of humour!) so without thinking of the consequences, I got one of his pretend eggs out of his pretend egg carton and threw it in the air accompanied by the sound effect "bleughhhhhhhhh".
Charlie loved it and was laughing hysterically. He then had a go and within minutes we were both snorting with laughter whilst throwing plastic eggs in the air and shouting "BLEUGHHHHHHH" at the top of our voices!!

It was at this moment that my husband Chris' sister (Charlie's Mum) walked into the room with a look of utter dismay on her face. "Nicola", she said shaking her head with a terrifying look of disappointment on her face, "My next trip to the supermarket is going to be hell".

It was at this point that I realised that "Naughty Aunty Bonn" had just potentially taught little Charlie to throw real eggs in the air (or even worse, at actual real people) whilst shouting "Bleughhhhhhh!". Needless to say, I not only need to brush up on my behaviour around kids before I consider becoming a mother but I also need to work on proving to my in-laws that I am a capable and mature adult.

Anyway, I thought that I would start the New Year by telling you about the hand-cream that has totally turned around mine and Chris' dry, sore hands and made them so smooth and silky that people have actually commented on how nice they look and feel.

Now I will warn you that if you are feeling the pinch at the moment then this hand-cream may not be a great option as it is fairly expenive. If you do like to spend money on things like this though then I would go far as to say that this is one of the best hand-creams on the market and is worth investing in, even if you only do so when the weather is cold.

The cream: Sisley Nutritive Handcare with Harpagophytum

The price: Around £50 for 75ml

Why is it so good?: This cream not only smells incredible but is an absolutely exceptional product. My husband had hands so dry that they had become itchy and were actually bleeding in places. After a week of using it they were totally better and really soft.

I find that if I apply this cream before bed, I wake up still feeling the benefits and that my hands remain soft and moisturised even after washing them.

If you have some left over vouchers from Christmas or want to treat yourself then I thoroughly recommend this product. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment