Monday 18 April 2011

Libertys Perfume Room


I've always been obsessed with perfume and how it can define how you feel and how others feel about you. Smell is for me the most powerful sense. If I smell the perfume that my beloved grandma Lily used to wear I am instantly transported back to being a child and cuddling up to her.

The right perfume can give you a desired air of sexiness and allure and the wrong one can repulse people or at the very least give them a headache. Women looking to be taken seriously at work might choose a powerful scent to show that they mean business and a woman who wants to seem flirty and girly can lose years with a spritz of Anais Anais.

I went to Libertys in search of my perfect wedding scent. I've decided that I want a whole new smell so that in the future every time I spritz myself with the perfume I'll be reminded of my wedding day. I got chatting to the fabulous Stuart who introduced me to a world of romantic scents from their endless collection of rare and wonderful perfumes.

I loved the Neroli scent at the Le Labo and was bewitched by Etra Etro by Etro Perfumi. Unfortunately my indecisiveness got the better of me and I left with nothing more than a bottle of Molecules 01 which is decidedly unweddingy but might be good for the wedding night as according to Stuart it makes the wearer irresistible to passers by and new husbands alike.

I'll be going back for another wedding day perfume search and will keep you posted!! In the meantime, any advice would be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment