Tuesday 7 June 2011

Lip gloss and Wedding Dramas


"When times get tough buy a new lipstick" is what my very glamorous grandmother once told me. Over the years I have adapted this mantra to cover everything from mascaras to face creams to clothes to expensive handbags. Basically, if I feel sad/angry/marginally p***** off then I go shopping. (Much to Chris' disdain)

Anyway, yesterday was a day for lip-gloss. I'll tell you more about the gloss in a sec, but first of all the dramas that led to said purchase.

Weddings are stressful...FACT! They are exciting and amazing and full of joy but it is inevitable that somewhere along the line someone will get offended and that there will be a drama of some type.

The drama began yesterday when my Grandma called to say she had been phoned by an irate family member who we didn't invite to the wedding.(Namely for budget reasons...my family is bloody massive!!) Next was a very panicked call from my mother who had received a similar call and then it was my turn. I was greeted yesterday by an awful email that totally shocked me! I would let you see it but that might be going a bit too far!

Anyway, rather than letting myself get angry and write something back that I would regret, I took a deep breath, got my jacket and rushed to Selfridges. Half an hour later and I had a beautiful new M.A.C lipgloss...(Plushglass Ample Pink).

The morals of the story?:

Grandmas are often right when it comes to beauty advice

Family members can be difficult and petrifying

Lip-gloss is fairly cheap but oh so satisfying and can make a bad day a lot more manageable!

No comments:

Post a Comment