Tuesday 19 July 2011

Come Fly With Me


I'm back from my honeymoon and I'm feeling very relaxed and happy. I went to Mauritius and I thoroughly recommend it...such a stunning island!!

I don't know if I've told you this before but I'm PETRIFIED of flying. I try and get the train everywhere so getting on a 12 hour flight was a massive challenge for me. Having got home though I feel that I am finally on the way to facing my fear.

I don't ever use this blog to advertise people or companies. I like it to be honest and neutral and so the following big up about British Airways is simply from the heart.

Firstly,I was very lucky to sit in the Club Class Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 5 on the way out and it was honestly amazing! It was pure luxury with an amazing cocktail bar, food galore and luxury spa treatments (all free). As I sat there feeling scared and gulping back a cocktail, I looked up and saw Sean Bean raising an inquisitive eyebrow at me. This got me quite excited and I momentarily forgot to be scared.

I also want to tell you about the British Airways Fear of Flying Course which has played a major part in my fight against fear. I went on the course recently and it gives you the chance to learn every little thing about how a plane works. They teach you relaxation techniques and you then go on a 45 minute flight during which the pilot talks you through every single bump and noise. I can't recomment it enough. If you fancy it, check out the details here: http://www.aviatours.co.uk/

One of the things that the course provides is great after care. I emailed them before my flights and when I got on the plane I was thoroughly looked after by the stewards. At one point the pilot even came to check that I was feeling OK. Absolutely amazing!!!

Anyway, from fear to flying beauty. I wanted to tell you about my long haul flight beauty kit which proved to be very useful:

toothbrush
mini toothpaste
antibacterial hand gel
wet wipes
hand cream
Eau Thermal Avene thermal spring water spray
moisturising eye drops
a good hydrating facial moisturiser
bronzer and mascara for applying before you arrive

Remember that there is a liquid limit of 100ml and that you need to store your liquids in a clear bag. (Muji do some great clear travel pouches)

That's all for now xx

No comments:

Post a Comment