Thursday 6 October 2011

Kiss Me Quick

I have always had an extreme fear of red lipstick. There are a number of reasons for this:

1. It always goes on my teeth/smudges/rubs off

2. I am absolutely definite that it doesn't suit me

3. I spend the whole day licking my lips self consciously and checking them in the mirror when I wear it

4. I like to define my eyes and have always been told not to have heavy eyes and lips. The chances of me leaving the house without lashings of eyeliner and mascara on are nil!!

Anyway, I am doing a bit of TV work at the moment and I figured that bright red lips might help me in my bid to look cool on camera.

I popped into MAC where they LOVE making you look colourful and vibrant (like a rainbow) and asked one of the heavily made-up shop assistants to find me my "perfect red".

Two minuted later she returned with their new lip pencil. It is called "Kiss Me Quick" and is described as being yellowy/red. She applied it with great care and then did big the reveal. What met me in the mirror were a very kissable and vampy looking pair of red lips. The colour really worked with my skin-tone and I felt like distinctly Hollywood-esque!

The fact that it was a pencil meant that the colour lasted nicely but I do recommend applying some balm so that your lips don't feel too dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment