Wednesday 26 October 2011

The Best Face-Creams For A Hangover


However late it is or drunk I am I always always take my makeup off. This was ingrained into me as a teenager by my Mum who looks about 10 years younger than she is and although it's always incredibly annoying when you're knackered, I thank her for her words of wisdom.

Over the weekend I celebrated my best friend's hen-do in the wonderful city of Bath. At 2am I was drinking shots and dancing like a crazy women, at 3am I was chatted up by a guy who turned out to be half my age, at 3:15am I was giving him motherly advice about his love-life and at 4am I realised that I no longer had the stamina of a student and was hoping that someone would fly me to my bed.

The minute I got back to the YMCA (not the most glamorous but turned out to be really good fun) I went to the communal bathroom and after cleansing thoroughly, rubbed my miracle vitamin C serum over my face. As my drunk friends popped in and out of the bathroom I offered them some of my miracle serum but they looked at me as if I was crazy. "Nicola the last thing I want to do is put serum on my face. I neeeeed sleep", were the last words my friend Charlotte said before nearly falling over.

Anyway, I'm not going to say that I looked any better than the girls the next morning as we all looked pretty worse for wear, but psychologically my vitamin C serum helped me feel that little bit more human.

So, I thought I'd quickly talk about some great ways of making hungover skin a little less grey and sallow.

1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream.

This is not recommended if you are going to be out and about, but if you are nursing your hang-over in the comfort of your own home then apply a thin layer on your skin. It will feel and look a bit strange but once you wipe it off, your skin will look 10 times better.


2. Estee Lauder Face Primer Plus-Illuminating Base

This is good if you are planning on heading out. Not only does it make a great base for makeup but it has illuminating ingredients that will make you really glow.

3. Aeterna Gold Collagen Creme

My miracle vitamin C serum!! Love this stuff! Use it after a night out and in the morning and reap the benfits.

4. Clinique Moisture Surge-Extended Thirst Relief

This feels and smells amazing and will do exactly what it says on the tin!!

Get in touch and share your tips xx

No comments:

Post a Comment