Thursday 1 December 2011

Hair Laser Removal (I can't believe I'm sharing this with you!)


My Grandma is 80 but looks about 50. She is vivacious, flirtatious and spends her time line-dancing and learning French.

Anyway, I will never forget the time that she took me aside and whispered "Darling, I can't help but notice that you've inherited a real family trait"

"What's that?" I replied, imagining that she was referring to some hidden beauty that I didn't yet realise I posessed.

"Well" she said, "You're a tiny bit hairy aren't you!"

I instantly turned into a surly teenager and stomped out of the room.You see, what I now refer to as my "heritage hair" was the absolute bane of my life and my Grandma had definitely hit a folic nerve!

Here's why:

1. Ed Smith, who I fancied BIG TIME at the age of 14, told me that he would fancy me if it wasn't for my hairy arms.

2. I could shave my legs in the morning and 24 hours later already see the re-growth. YUCK!

3. I got awful ingrowing hairs every time I had a wax

4. I hated getting my legs out because they never looked hair free!!!

You may notice that these four points are in the past tense. This is because two years ago I changed my life by having laser hair removal.

Now some people might think that spending the best part of £1000 on hair removal is crazy but for me it was worth every hard-saved penny.I had six sessions of full leg and bikini removal. It was bloody painful but SO worth it!More than a year later I am still hair free and LOVING it!

Anyway, if you don't have the money to splash out on getting laser removal in a salon*, then I may have found a product that will make you very happy indeed!

The TRIA Hair Removal Laser is a Laser that you can use safely at home and which has been through rigorous safety checks. It uses exactly the same technology that is used in salons and unlike most salon lasers you don't need to wear goggles when using it. The main pro is the price! The laser retails at £349 and this is amazing considering that you will have it for life and won't need to spend thousands on going to a salon.

For more information on this wonder-device, here's the link to their website: http://www.triabeauty.co.uk/tria-laser-hair-removal-system

Oh and if you want any advice on general hair removal issues I'm definitely your lady!!

* make sure that you go to a reputable salon if you do choose this option. I had mine done at SK:N in Holborn, London and was very happy with the service they offered!

1 comment:

  1. Laser hair removal is effective on different hair and skin types. You can only see positive results after a few sittings of the treatment. In case you have very light hair, you may require sitting for more treatments than people with dark hair.

    ReplyDelete