Tuesday 29 November 2011

Nosh Detox


Diets stink! Fact!

I have never enjoyed doing diets for the main reason that I love food! Whether it's eating socially, treating myself to a lovely lunch or snack, my levels of resistance when it comes to food are very low. I have a balanced diet and don't go crazy but the thought of cutting out my favourite food-stuffs fills me with dread.

I recently met up with my Mum who was looking ridiculously slim and had a wonderful glow to her skin. "What's going on?" I asked her..."Are you in love?"

"No darling" was her response. "I've been doing a detox and I feel AMAZING!!!" She then looked at me in the way that only a mother can and said "You really should try it!"

"What's that meant to mean?" I asked myself as I sipped on my hot chocolate whilst she indulged in a fresh mint tea.

Fast forward a fortnight and I have completed the very detox that my Mum did and my word do I feel good for it!!

The Facts:

My Mum and I did the Nosh Detox 6 day Juice Fast. Nosh Detox was founded by a wonderful woman called Geeta Sidhu Robb and has won loads of awards. The company offer a wide array of home delivery diets such as Anti-Cellulite, Gut-Healing, Healing-Thyroid and Fertile and Fabulous. The Juice-Fast (which I did) is perfect for re-training your eating habits and totally cleaning and detoxifying your system. One of the by-products of the detox is that you will lose around 6lb.

The Experience:

A Juice-Fast isn't easy and my Mum and I both found the first few days really tough. However, towards the end of the week things got much easier and the hunger and headaches disappeared. What makes Nosh wonderful is the constant support that you get during the six days. Each morning you get an inspirational email and there is always someone there to give you advice and help. In fact, I emailed for some advice and instantly got a reply from Geeta herself.

The juices themselves were varied, filling and delicious. They were also jam-packed with vitamins and nutrients.

Here is a list of the benefits of the detox as listed on the website:

• Helps maintain high energy levels since all the smoothies contain fruit pulp and fibre.
• Assists the body in attaining its natural balance by detoxifying and cleansing thoroughly.
• Increases the metabolic rate, thus helping in digesting food quickly and eliminating waste material regularly.
• The extra weight can be kept at bay for a longer time period than is possible in traditional diet method. The program retrains your body and improves your overall dietary patterns.

The thing that sets this detox apart is the support you get and the quality of the service. No wonder this company has won awards..you really feel that you are in safe hands and Geeta's obvious passion for food and health translates into everything that the company does.

For more information here's the website http://www.noshdetox.com/index.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment