Sunday 20 November 2011

Bargain Beauty Buys



Is it just me or is everyone really money conscious at the moment?

This is the first Christmas when my family have decided to have a spending limit on presents. Usually we go a bit crazy but this year I think that it might be quite fun to see what we can get on a budget.

Anyway, in a world filled with ultra-expensive beauty products, sometimes the most effective products cost the least.

If you find yourself spending lots on hand-cream then why not follow the example of hand-model Gemma Howorth who keeps her hands looking fabulous with bottles of £1.50 almond oil!



Marilyn Monroe was famed for her flawless skin and her go-to moisturiser was good old olive-oil. Rub some onto your face before bed and reap the benefits! This can also be used as a great cleanser!

Marilyn was also said to rub vaseline onto her skin but I'm not so sure about this! Vaseline is great though for taming eye-brows and highlighting your cheek bones. You can also use it on your eye-lids and of course your lips.

If you suffer from dark cirles under your eyes then pop to your local chemist and buy some haemmorhoid cream. Apply lightly to the area of concern and your eyes will thank you for it. (Don't do this for an extended length of time as it is strong stuff).

Feel free to share any of your recession-proof beauty tips in the comment box below.

Nicola xx

2 comments:

  1. A very good and informative article indeed . It helps me a lot to enhance my knowledge, I really like the way the writer presented his views. I hope to see more informative and useful articles in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful articles. I and my friend to do some research. I am very glad to see such information, I find the very long period of time, was finally I found, thank you.

    ReplyDelete