Wednesday 16 November 2011

Michael Buble


People often ask me how the hell I manage to get up at 2:20am every morning. My answer is that I absolutely love what I do. I have worked my ass off for ten years to get where I am and even though my show isn't in a prime-time slot I am incredibly proud of it. Without being cheesy, one of the most incredible things about being on the radio is the fact that people invite you into their lives....their homes, their cars, their workplaces. I sometimes even get messages from women who are in labour and tell me that the show is keeping them going!! Being on the radio is a total honour and I never take it for granted.

One thing I will say is that radio is MUCH less glamorous than people think. There have been times when I've been tempted to do my show in my PJs and to be honest I think I'd get away with it. Sometimes though, I do get invited to really special events and I really wanted to tell you about last night because it was so spectacular.

Heart held a special night with Michael Buble last night. Only 100 people won tickets and gathered in a stunning hotel bar near Trafalgar Square. Michael then appeared on the stage and totally mesmerised every woman (and most men) in the room. In what was a very entertaining Q and A session, Michael told us about his life, his loves and his music. He made a cocktail at the bar, regaled great stories and pretty much seduced everybody.

Here are some facts about Buble:

1. He LOVES Christmas
2. His favourite drink at Christmas time is Eggnog and whisky mixed
3. Unfortunately for us, he is besotted with his wife.
4. Last year his wife bought him stilts for Christmas. This year he wants socks.
5. He has a very nice bottom. (I know this because a very excited woman in the loo informed me that she had pinched it)


Anyway, you can hear Michael Buble in action on some very special shows on Heart with Emma Bunton (Who by the way wears amazing mascara. I'll ask her what it is and let you know in due course).

Sorry this isn't exactly beauty related but as Micheal's so beautiful I thought you'd forgive me :)

xx

1 comment:

  1. Must have been a great night, I tried loads of times to get through... just love to hook up with the man just for a very short time.... I've been doing a tribute show since 2008, applied to TV shows, and radio but never been lucky enough.... he does seem as a genuinely nice guy... fingers crossed to the next time...
    Steve

    ReplyDelete