Monday 14 November 2011

Marvellous M.A.C


I once met a makeup artist who admitted that he often does brand-specific shoots for ads and make-over promotions where he is given an array of their products to use but that when the big bosses aren't looking he whips out his collection of M.A.C products and applies those instead. His argument is that you can't beat M.A.C for quality and ease of application and in his words "many other products are a load of shite". (He said it, not me)

Anyway, I have an ongoing love affair with M.A.C, mainly because you can really trust their products to do the job and they also have incredibly exciting ranges of colours and formulas.

I spent a good half hour browsing in M.A.C Covent Garden yesterday and came away with three products that I think should be a part of every makeup collection just because they make life simple and really work.

The first is the 217 brush. If you only have money for one brush then this is the one to get as it is wonderfully muli-functional. I recommend using it to apply under-eye concealer, to apply your eye-shadow base and also for great blending.

I also discovered M.A.C paints for the first time. These little beauties come in neutral tones and make the perfect base for your eye-shadow. They stop creasing and create a clean, flawless canvas to work on. I also think that they are great on their own worn as a lovely, natural eye-shadow. I bought "Bare Canvas" and have been applying it all over my eye-lid with my 217 brush.

For a lovely, light and moisturising under-eye concealer the NW Moisture-Cover Concealer is perfect. I have been using this for quite a while and it really does beat other under-eye concealers hands down. (and I have tried a LOT!!) To be honest, my biggest let down of recent months has been Laura Mercier Secret Concealer which I found surprisingly drying under the eyes. The great thing about the NW range is the colour, which is slightly yellowy and perfect for cancelling out blue tones in the skin.

That's all for now...I need my bed xx

No comments:

Post a Comment