Sunday 19 February 2012

Electric Cars, Bike incidents and BB Mousse

Why is is that everyone I know seems to be having odd runs of bad luck at the moment?

I was having a lovely dinner with my friends the other night when one of them who will I will refer to as B arrived not looking herself. She looked tired, stressed and vulnerable. After a glass of wine she regaled her terrible tales from the last week or so. Within the space of 10 days she had:

1. Had her bag stolen
2. Fallen off her bike (twice)
3. Looked after her other half who had a nasty bug
4. Caught said bug

The next day I spoke to my Grandma who I have referred to a number of times in this blog. (The one who goes line dancing, has French classes and who is on the look out for a man!) Once again I was presented with a list of terrible tales. Unfortunately I have promised not to reveal them as if my Mum finds out she will tell her off! (Let me tell you though I have given said Grandma a big lecture!)

Well they say things like this happen in threes so I guess it was only natural that I would catch whatever is in the air.

So here is how my Saturday panned out:

1. Chris and I hired an electric car for the day because it was cheaper, more ecologically friendly and supposedly more fun than other cars.
2. Chris and I took said car on a trip to Grays in Essex where we saw his wonderful Nan Barbara and went out for a really awful lunch!
3. As we headed home we realised that our eco-friendly marvel of a car was rapidly running out of electricity. (It is meant to do at least 70 miles before this happens!)
4. The only place to charge said car was Asda in Dagenham (please don't ever go there unless you REALLY have to!)
5. It was pissing it down, Chris was running around with a live plug and we had no IDEA what we were doing.
6. After half an hour of supposedly charging the car a soaked Chris announced the inevitable. "It's not working is it?"
7. One hour later, having finally worked out how to use the damn thing the electricity had gone up by a miniscule amount.
8. We drove back to London with no heating and the windows open so the car didn't steam up. I was moaning, Chris was shivering and the car was making worrying noises.
9. We also ended up mistakenly driving in the wrong lane and Chris left £30 cashback at Asda.
10. Oh, did I add that the hire company charged us extra for being late back even though there was something wrong with their stinking car and we phoned them in a state of panic??

I turned up at my best friend's birthday celebrations looking bedraggled and stressed while everyone else looked cool, collected and glamorous. Even B had managed to turn things around and looked all elfin and Audrey Hepburn like.

My best friend put her flawless, glowing skin down to Shu Uemura BB Mousse which she reckons has changed her life. Although I was excited by this and will be testing it in due course, I put it down to her owning a good old, ecologically unfriendly, petrol-guzzling vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment