Sunday 12 February 2012

Kyoku For Men


With Valentines Day only a couple of days away, I thought that I'd recommend a great present for the beauty conscious man.

When I first met my husband, like a lot of men, he swore by plain old soap and water. I introduced him to the wonders of moisturiser and within a few months he was addicted. Fast forward six years and he gets just as excited as me about reviewing new products. (Although he'd never admit it!) The other day he announced that he loved my Darphin face-wash and asked me what exactly a serum does as he had been using (my very expensive one) and quite liked it.

Well, as much as I love sharing with him, I decided it was high time that Chris had his own products to play around with and left my special creams and potions well alone. So, the other night I came home with a bag full of male only face treats from the company Kyoku and he is (thank goodness) absolutely enamoured.

Asim, the creator of Kyoku went on a trip to Japan and found that not only were the men there healthier than their Western counterparts, but that they had incredible skin. Now obviously a lot of this can be put down to diet and lifestyle, but Asim also found that the men in the region had nearly five times the amount of hyaluronic acid (a protein involved heavily in collagen production and the structural integrity of the skin) than the average man, despite the fact that ageing usually slows its synthesis. Akhtar concluded that the high levels of hyaluronic acid in the region was an effect of both their diet and natural skin care regimes, which involved a range of plants, vegetables and herbs.

He then came home and began experimenting with the ingredients that he had discovered on his journey and went on to create Kyoku.

Chris has been using the SPF 15 Facial Moisturizer, Eye Fuel, Sake Infused Shave Creme and Oil Control Lotion. He adores the Shave Creme saying that it gives a great shave and smells delicious. He also loves the Eye Fuel and says that you only need to use a tiny amount for a great effect.

From my point of view, Chris' skin is looking really lovely at the moment and the products are so nice that even a bloke who doesn't really enjoy caring for his skin might be inspired to give it a go.

Check out the Kyoku range at http://kyokuformen.com/home_uk.php you can also get hold of it at Harrods, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser and Libertys. Prices start at around £19.

No comments:

Post a Comment