Wednesday 15 February 2012

Singing In The Rain


As well as beauty, one of my big passions is the theatre. There is nothing better than heading to the West End in your glad-rags and sitting back in the glory of one of our beautiful theatres. They always feel so full of history and I love the buzz of excitement in the auditorium as the performance is about to start.

Last night I took my Mum to see the press night of "Singing in The Rain" at London's Palace Theatre. The production was fantastic. I have never seen a cast with so much energy and the dancing was exceptional. If you do go along then make sure you wear a mac if you are sitting in one of the front six rows...I'll say no more but trust me on that!!

Anyway, apart from the onstage action, there was a whole different performance happening in the auditorium. Everywhere you looked there was a different well-known face. From Sheila Hancock to Babs Windsor to Tamsin Outhwaite, the luvvies were out in force and the thing that struck me about them is that they all looked wonderfully glamorous. I love the idea that you should dress up to the nines for a trip to the West End. These days so many people shove on a pair of jeans and gobble on sweets during a production and this somehow seems wrong to me. Rewind as little as ten years and going to the theatre was a big event that deserved a great outfit and glam makeup.

So here's all the beauty gossip from last night:

Babs Windsor looked glamorous and fabulous with her trade-mark blonde hair piled up in a bun. Her lipstick was bright like her personality and I loved the fact that she looked glamorous yet reassuringly familiar and down-to earth.

Tamsin Outhwaite had gone for a bright coral lipstick which had been applied with great care. The coral looked great with her blonde hair.

Sheila Hancock looked effortlessly glam with her cropped grey hair. She had chosen a slightly smoky eye and red lipstick in a fairly dark shade.

Janet Street-Porter was also there and as ever I was totally seduced by her bright red hair. In fact, it looked so good on her that my Mum and I both discussed going red ourselves but eventually decided against it. (We have the wrong complexions.)

I definitely recommend a trip to "Singing in The Rain" and why not opt for some old school glamour when you go? I reckon it will add to the sense of occasion and make it all the more special x

No comments:

Post a Comment