Tuesday 4 September 2012

Mama Mio



I was really excited to meet Sian Sutherland yesterday. Sian is one of the founders of Mama Mio and after talking to her for just a few minutes I knew that she was genuinely passionate for and really believes in her brand.

When Mama Mio was first launched it was first and foremost aimed at pregnant women and new mothers. Products such as Tummy Rub Butter and Goodbye Stretch Marks were the perfect luxury and safe to use and mothers everywhere did and still do swear by these products.

The problem though is that a lot of women don't realise that Mama Mio is now a brand that caters for everyone and whilst Mums and pregnant women are a very important part of what they do, the range of products is extensive and has something for every possible skincare need that a woman could have.

Over the past month I've been testing a few of their products and all I can say is that they really do work. They are well made and the ingredients have obviously been extensively researched. They feel and smell good and do exactly what they say on the tin.

Here's what I've been testing and what I think:

Clean Slate Aloe Rich Cleanser:

Whilst at night I like to remove my makeup with a really rich balm style cleanser and cloth, in the mornings I'm all about a quick and easy face-wash in the shower.

I've been testing Clean Slate for a month and it is a really excellent product. A little goes a long way and the biggest bonus is that it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and tight. I test a lot of face products which can at times leave my skin a bit congested but since using Clean Slate it has been in great condition.

Boob Tube Bust and Neck Firmer:

I LOVE this stuff. Being rather large on the boob front I'm already starting to notice lines in the chest area. After a month of using this product my skin is soft and supple and there has been a notable difference on the fine lines front.

When you're a bit pressed for time it can be annoying having to apply separate products for various parts of your body, but I think that the effort will pay off in the long run with a product like this and your older self will thank you.

Bootcamp for Arms:

A genius kit that comes with an exfoliator, exfoliating mitt, toning serum and exercise plan to help you get rid of bingo wings.

I adore the exfoliator which has got rid of my annoying upper arm pimples. I also use it on my under-arm before shaving and it's helped to keep ingrowing hairs at bay.

The serum is again really effective and has made arms feel firmer and moisturised. My only negative comment is that it is a bit sticky for a few minutes after application so wait for a bit before you get dressed.

Mama Mio is a great brand with a fantastic ethos. The products can genuinely be trusted to work. I also love the empowering messages and hints and tips that come with each of them. This is a brand to be relied on.

2 comments: