Monday 27 August 2012

Pret-a-Portea Tea at The Berkeley and The Chelsea Hand and Foot Spa


My bunions would never fit in a Louboutin so I did the next best thing and ate one!


My Mum and I had the most amazing time sampling the wonders of the Pret-a-Portea at the Berkeley Hotel on Saturday.

If you've never heard of it, this is an afternoon tea with a twist and is definitely one for the girls.
You're seated in the aptly named Caramel room and presented with a stunning range of cakes, biscuits and other sweet treats that are all based on the latest fashion fads.

We feasted on a Miu Miu bikini biscuit, a Dolce and Gabbana handbag cake and even a cheesecake based on a Valentino dress.  It was such a treat and you could keep ordering until you were truly stuffed (at this point you could ask for a very posh handbag shaped doggy-bag to take even more cakes home) so well worth the £39. If you fancy the perfect girly afternoon then you can book it here. (Make sure you book in advance as it does get very busy!)

Anyway, as we munched on cakes, I proudly showed my Mum my new ballet pumps. When it comes to shoes I often have to choose comfort over style as my feet are different sizes and just all-round odd! I was excited about said pumps because for once they actually fitted and looked good (or so I thought). According to my ever-honest mother they gave me toe-cleavage and showed my bunions (I didn't even realise that I had bunions for goodness sake!) After sulking like a teenager for a few moments I grabbed a Louboutin biscuit and ate it with gusto.

Anyway, on the subject of bunions, Louboutins and toe-cleavage, I had a lovely medi-pedi a couple of weeks ago. My first experience of the medical pedicure was at the wonderful Margaret Dabbs Clinic at 7 New Cavendish Street,  where my feet were totally transformed in less than an hour. This time around I trialled the Chelsea Hand and Foot Spa and here's what I loved about it:

1. While the service at Margaret Dabbs was phenomenal, it did feel more medical than pedical if you know what I mean. What I loved about the Chelsea Hand and Foot Spa was how utterly relaxing it was. The music, lovely surroundings and TV screen with images of the sea all served to help me forget that I was having an ingrowing toe-nail dealt with.

2. The service was GREAT and my feet looked fantastic. I was extremely impressed with Margaret Dabbs and I can honestly say that the results of my medi-pedi at the Hand and Foot Spa were not far off and it was a bit cheaper too!

3. I loved the fact that they made their own exfoliator out of olive-oil and coarse salt.  It was simple and effective.


If you do fancy giving your feet (bunion riddled or not) the gift of health and beauty then here's a link to the website.



Relaxing and Informal-I loved this place




No comments:

Post a Comment