Thursday 22 September 2011

Christina Aguilera, Secret Potion


What a week I've had!! I've been filming reports for the Wright Stuff Extra on Channel 5, trying to sort out my flat before we begin redecorating and I've also been to a couple of amazing product launches.

The most exciting was the launch of Christina Aguilera's new perfume "Secret Potion".

We gathered at the very swanky and eccentric "Crazy Bear Club" in Covent Garden where we were treated like A List Stars.(Why oh why hadn't I done my hair?!) We were treated to exotic cocktails (based on the actual perfume ingredients), a slap-up three course meal, champagne, wine, goody bags and a talk given by the very talented relationship expert Matthew Hussen on "how to shine".

Right, enough of my boasting and down to business!! What is the perfume like?

If you want my honest opinion, it was MUCH better than I expected. I am a bit prejudiced towards celeb fragrances, basically because I see them as being a bit shallow and mass-produced. You never imagine that a celebrity fragrance will contain top-quality ingredients that it has taken years to discover and mix!

However, Secret Potion has a surprising amount of pure ingredients and has all three layers meaning that it does develop.

The perfume itself is far too sweet and heady for me and is very much a night-time fragrance. I imagine that this will be a big hit with teenagers who want to give off the impression of being sexy and emulate Christina's style. I also imagine that self-confident women could carry this off really nicely.

As I said though, you have to be really into your sweet perfumes as this makes the likes of "Angel" smell savoury!!

1 comment: