Tuesday 7 May 2013

Vibrators and Flourish Cosmetics



I had a very unexpected meeting today. I thought that I was meant to be seeing the manager of a new beauty brand but it turned out that he had in fact just launched an Erotic Boutique called ohtique.com. (Check it out for amazingly posh vibrators and sexy candles that turn into massage oil!)

Now I'm not one to be prudish (quite the opposite in fact) but I did get a shock at first when the very well-to-do man in question started discussing vibrators. He had obviously been immersed in it all for a while and was totally non-plussed by the whole thing, but I couldn't help but give an embarrassed giggle every time he said the word clitoris. However, after a cocktail or two he, my colleague Charlie and I were laughing raucously and telling our own vibrator related stories a bit too loudly I think.

We did discuss the fact that most women probably own or would like to own a vibrator. I don't think that we should be embarrassed by this. They are great if you're single and can also be a lot of fun in a relationship. However, can I advise you never to buy the Purple Pulser from Anne Summers. My friends bought me this as a gift at University and it is one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen...all big and purple and glittery....

Anyway, I don't really know how to make the transition from vibrators to organic cosmetics, but here goes...

Owning a vibrator is a really umm natural thing to do, just as natural as beautiful organic beauty brand Flourish Cosmetics! (oh dear)

Seriously though, I was recently introduced to Flourish Organics and am totally addicted. This small beauty brand is housed in Ireland and everything in the range is natural, organic and beautiful. The prices are good too.



I am increasingly of the opinion that we shouldn't be shoving a whole load of chemicals on our skin and there is something so refreshing about a brand that is truly natural with simple ingredients. I also love the idea that the products are handmade in the middle of nowhere in Ireland. There's something terribly romantic about it.

If you'd like to give Flourish a go then here are my recommendations:

The Vitamin E Face Cream is lovely and light and manages to fight sebum as well as being anti-ageing thanks to the combination of geranium and Frankinsense oil.

I love the Cleanser. It made my skin glow and also got rid of a few spots that were lurking.  The secret ingredient is Palmarosa Essential Oil! I rubbed the cream into my skin and removed it with a muslin cloth although you can also use it the traditional way with cotton-wool.

The Peppermint Foot Lotion is just perfect for relieving tired and blister- ridden feet. (A big problem for me now that I'm having to squeeze into my summer shoes). It smells fantastic and left my feet feeling all tingly.

My favourite product of all is their Rose Face Cream. It's thick and luxurious and is great as a night cream. It also only costs £35...eat your heart out Creme de La Mer!!

I've got loads of reviews coming up so come and visit again soon. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment