Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Sanctuary, Covent Garden

Sometimes a girl needs a bit of alone time with her Mum. I am a family girl through and through and Bonn gatherings are a regular occurrence but coming from a very noisy family, it is hard to have proper one on one time, so I love getting the opportunity to have a really good chin-wag and catch up with my Mum.


I decided that the perfect place to do this was at The Sanctuary in Covent Garden. We booked in for a day of relaxation, pampering and lunch and it was one of the best days I've had in ages. The last time I went to this famous day-spa it was looking a little bit run-down but after a make-over last year, it now looks smart and updated.

 We began our day with some sleep therapy. This involved being ushered to a low-lit room with a row of cosy beds. We were told to lie down and cover ourselves with a blanket. We then put on the provided head-phones and were sent into a state of deep relaxation by the calming and hypnotic voice that encouraged us to enter our own private secret garden. There were beautiful sounds effects and I found myself totally clearing my mind as the bed vibrated. After 25 minutes we felt totally stress-free.

 Next it was time to explore the many pools and jacuzzis. We had a good old natter in the large jacuzzi which was lovely and warm and then went for a swim in the famous "swing pool" which is basically what it says on the tin. There is a massive wooden swing that transports you back to childhood as you fly over the pool. I chose not to indulge in this as many years ago I got stuck on said swing and screamed with laughter, ruining the quiet and calm that reigns over this amazing place.

 Lunch was to follow and we sat in our big white dressing gowns feasting on massive smoked haddock fish-cakes with poached eggs and hollandaise and an amazing trio of desserts including a mini ice-cream sundae. (Not the healthiest but REALLY delicious, fresh food).

After a chat and a sleep on a double bed style chair we went our separate ways to have our treatments. Mum opted for the Body Polish and swears that her body is still soft and I had the incredibly relaxing Aroma Bliss treatment. It was 85 minutes of body scrubbing, massage, a mini-facial and head massage. It was definitely one of the most thorough and relaxing treatments I have ever had and left me feeling great.

My Mum and I left the Sanctuary having had some much needed bonding time. All the stresses from the week and life in general had been lifted and we felt ready for anything. If you fancy experiencing the Sanctuary then check out http://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment