Tuesday 10 July 2012

Covent Garden Dental Spa



For the first time in my life, ever, I have had an enjoyable experience at the dentist.

Picture the scene: You enter the dentist reception only to find plush sofas, the sweet smell of aromatherapy and music that you only ever hear in spas. As you sink into the sofa and read a magazine you are offered a herbal tea and led into a chill-out room where you are treated to a session in a massage chair along with the sweet scent of a lavender oil-burner and the soothing sounds of Classic FM.

As you are led out of the chill-out zone and into the dentist's chair, you can't help but feel sleepy, utterly relaxed and ready for whatever they bring on.

This is exactly the greeting you get at the Covent Garden Dental Spa and boy does it make a difference. If you are scared of dentists then it is guaranteed to help curb the panic and if not, who would have thought that a trip to the dentist could be as good as going to your local spa?

Anyway, massage aside, I was there to trial their Diamond Sparkle Hygiene Polish. This involved a thorough clean and scrape and then a wonderful polish that really did leave my teeth sparkling. I keep licking my teeth because they feel so shiny and smooth. (A bit weird but I bet I'm not the only one!)

The dentist, Flora Chigwedere, who is also the founder of the Spa is without a doubt the best I have ever seen. She was gentle, knowledgable and thorough. I loved her words of wisdom including the great tip that Aloe Vera toothpaste is a great natural whitener. (Make sure you also use a regular toothpaste as it doesn't contain fluoride).

If you are nervous of going to the dentist and want an experience that is actually enjoyable then please please give this place a try. It is a total pleasure and I can't recommend it highly enough.

http://www.coventgardendentalspa.co.uk/


1 comment:

  1. This is a good blog. Your blog is very nice and interesting. I like it very much. I will tell my friend about your blog.
    Dentist Encino

    ReplyDelete