Sunday 22 July 2012

Ren No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm

I am categorically uncool and always have been.  I have friends who are very cool. They live in East London, they go to cool bars and clubs and wear really cool clothes. I on the other hand am at my happiest watching the London Philharmonic Orchestra and although my dress sense isn't bad, I never quite got that effortless, Kate Moss look and take ages putting outfits together.


On the subject of being uncool, it's alway taken me ages to pick up the latest cool words and phrases. When everyone was watching Ali G and saying "Ay for real" I was still using phrases from the Simpsons. By the time I'd moved on to Ali G, my friends were saying "ace" and using these weird triple negatives that I never quite got the hang of.


Anyway, ever since watching "Friday Night Dinner" on Channel 4, I have taken to saying "Shit on it" as much as possible. In case you've never seen the series, "Shit on it" is a phrase employed by the seriously uncool Dad who also enjoys saying "Nice squirrel Jackie" in reference to his wife's roast chicken.


"Shit on it" is a great phrase and I employ it as much as possible. (Apart from when I am on air and in front of children and my boss). It is a much more fulfilling version of just plain "shit" and is guaranteed to make people giggle. It is also very catchy meaning that many of my friends now use it, finally making me a cool trend-setter type.


Anyway, today is a day when I will be employing my favourite phrase for the following reasons:


1.  I have lost my voice.
This is seriously bad news for a radio presenter. My show this morning was a total and utter disaster and I have missed out on running around the streets of London and reporting on the Olympic Torch Relay which I am absolutely gutted about.


2. I want to go shopping
 What better way to soothe a bad throat than a little bit of quiet retail therapy? It's not going to happen...I've spent every last bit of money this month on clothes, face-creams and other such frivolities so will instead be moping around drinking lemon and honey and feeling sorry for myself.


3. My pet hedgehog smells
Hetty my African Pygmy Hedgehog is smelly in the summer. This means bathing him which is not a nice event for either party.






Anyway, if you, like me are having a "shit on it" kind of day and unlike me have a bit of cash floating around, then may I recommend a really really lovely cleanser. I have recently bought Ren No.1 Purity Balm and it is absolutely brilliant. It's organic, smells beautiful and leaves my skin soft with a lovely glow. I can imagine that this cleanser would be great for women with drier skin, but mine is combination and it works just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment