Saturday 21 July 2012

Man-Flu


It's 21:58 on Saturday night and I'm sitting on my bed in a bath-hat with a face mask on. My nose is red, I feel bleugh and I should be downing shots at the hen-do which I left two hours ago. I am quite frankly a moaning old lady with man-flu.

After spending the day drinking cocktails with a group of lovely girls and a particularly fun hour punting in Cambridge (all the guys who actually control the boats are 1. gorgeous 2. Cambridge/ex-Cambridge students 3. Called Giles) I realised that sometimes you just need to be with women. Don't get me wrong, I love male company, but my idea of heaven is chatting about men, pregnancy, men troubles, beauty products and other shallow stuff without being judged. (I can talk politics/theology/sociology if need be but sometimes quite frankly I can't be bothered.)

Anyway, I bonded particularly well with Lisa who like me had a stinking fluey cold and was a beauty therapist so we could natter on about our favourite products.

Lisa's makeup bag was full of delights such as my favourite Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser and a stunning M.A.C lipstick in Coral. I in turn introduced her to my new favourite ever mascara. It's called Eyeko Skinny Brush Mascara and not only is it great for helping your lashes grow but it makes them look ultra-long and clump free. A certain Spice-Girl recommended it to me (I'm not telling you who as I don't think she'd want me to) and her lashes always look fabulous!

Anyway, I'm off to wash my face-mask off and dream of Giles whilst keeping my husband awake with my man-flu inspired snoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment