Sunday 16 June 2013

Nataliya Robinson's Raw Organic Facial

It had to happen! I'd been waiting for this moment for at least three years and thought that I would take it very well when it finally came, but sadly I didn't.

Here's the thing....around three years ago I sat Chris (my then fiance) down and had a very important heart to heart:

- "Darling", I purred at him.

- "Yes my sweet", he whispered back (whilst looking deep into my eyes)

- "I need to ask something of you"

- "Anything, anything, you just name it", he said with wide eyes, his muscles flexing.

- "If my moustache ever needs doing will you please let me know? Don't say anything, just wiggle your finger over your moustache area and that will be our secret sign that I need to get the Veet out!"

With a solemn look he took my hand, nodded his head and threw me onto the bed where he....

OK, none of the above is how the conversation actually went, apart from the moustache bit which is 100% true. (I thought I'd try and make this decidedly unsexy situation a bit more palatable! Oh and I'm also reading a raunchy book which has somewhat influenced my writing ;0)

Anyway, earlier today Chris and I were on London's Southbank and giggling about something when suddenly he stopped and said that he needed to do something. I wondered what it could be...a second proposal perhaps??

Oh no that is not what it was at all! He did the bloody moustache sign!!!!! He had remembered it for all these years and was waiting for the perfect moment and today it came.

"Oh my God", I shrieked. "Is it awful? Have you been looking at it all day? Do you still fancy me? Shit! Do I look like a man?"

He looked at me as if I was crazy. Men are simple creatures you see. Ask them to do something and they will. He was just doing as I had asked and felt very proud that he had remembered.

I am of course very grateful to him as having looked in the mirror, my moustache is definitely more visible than usual. Bloody excess hair!! However, I've definitely decided to keep these things from Chris in the future. My Grandma always said a woman should maintain an air of mystery (i.e never pluck your nipple hair/do your tache/go to the loo in front of your husband) and even though he assures me that I am just as sexy with or without a bit of a moustache, it just didn't feel right having my husband proudly doing the moustache wiggle at me.

Anyway, talking about being unsexy, here is a picture of me having a facial made of 100% natural and edible food-stuffs:





The stuff on my neck is not baked beans but is in fact chopped (and squished) apricot and my face-mask contains honey, yoghurt, oatmeal and a plethora of other organic goodies.

My Raw Organic facial was performed by the amazing Nataliya Robinson who works from the most beautiful little boutique spa room in Knightsbridge.




Nataliya explained to me that our body ejects many toxins through the skin and if we clog it up with loads of synthetic and chemically loaded beauty products then the toxins can't escape, leading to a very unhealthy body both inside and out. By detoxing the skin from time to time by using totally natural and organic products, we are giving our skin a toxin free treat and allowing a thorough elimination of all the bad stuff, through our pores!

I wouldn't say that the Raw Organic Facial was the most relaxing thing I have ever experienced (It was a bit smelly and messy) but it was an amazing thing to do. Nataliya imparted loads of knowledge and advice, some of which has totally changed my views about skincare. The effects of the facial were also pretty incredible. Having been scrubbed with sugar, moisturised with honey and enjoyed the benefits of the likes of goat's yoghurt, lemon and avocado, my face was very happy indeed. In fact, I was absolutely glowing and the picture of health.



Nataliya's facial has the potential to be life changing. I love making homemade beauty products and believe that they can be more powerful than a lot of the shop bought stuff and Nataliya will help you come up with brilliant recipes tailor made for your skin-type.

The Raw Organic Facial is £100 (£130 with acupunture). Nataliya also does a whole load of other treatments including Acne and Anti-ageing. I can't recommend her highly enough. She is so knowledgable and passionate about what she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment