Tuesday 19 February 2013

Review of Burger and Lobster in Soho





Until last night I was a lobster virgin. I don't know how it happened really. I had encountered the wonders of prawns, crayfish, crab and pretty much every other shelled creature with legs that you can imagine, but never lobster!

Well, I am so happy that I popped my lobster cherry at Burger and Lobster in Soho.

This gem of a restaurant is hidden away on Dean Street and for £20 you can gorge yourself on lobster, chips and salad. For the non-fish eaters in the party, you can get the same deal but with a juicy burger instead. I think that this is probably how they make their money as I would feel ill paying £20 for a burger, whereas it seems a great deal for a whole lobster.

Nayanah and I arrived at 5.30pm as we had heard that the queues can go round the corner if you get there much later. On arrival, a good few tables were taken, but there was still loads of space. By half six, the place was getting pretty packed.





We started with cocktails. I went for a gorgeous brandy and fig concoction whilst Nayanah chose a Mint Julep. 

It wasn't long before we were ready to eat (it just looked so good) and both ordered the grilled lobster with a butter and garlic sauce. It was rich, flavoursome and I never wanted it to end. As I devoured my last bit of claw, I was almost tempted to order the whole meal again. 

After our lobster feast, we needed something sweet in our lives so wandered down the road to Gelupo which is my favourite ice-cream place in London.




I went for Pistachio, Coconut and Marron Glace and Nayanah had Rhubarb Crumble and Marron Glace. 

Everything here is made in-house and the flavours are absolutely mind-blowing. My Gelati was smooth and the Pistachio flavour tasted more pistachio-ish than the actual nut! 

The menu changes almost daily and if you ever spot Salted Caramel on the board then you simply have to try it. It is extraordinarily good!




Burger and Lobster is at 36 Dean Street Soho. They only take bookings for tables of six or over.



Gelupo can be found at 7 Archer Street, W1D 7AU


map





No comments:

Post a Comment