Thursday 7 February 2013

The BAFTAS 2013

Yayyy it's that wonderful, sparkly time of the year when all the big awards ceremonies take place.

This year, I am most excited about the BAFTAS, mainly because one of my best friends, Poppy Dixon, has been nominated for her work on The Imposter. It is the most amazing documentary and she was one of the producers. I couldn't be prouder and can't wait to see what she's going to be wearing on Sunday night.

For us mere mortals who won't be there on the night, there is an opportunity to have a taster of what the stars will experience as they get red-carpet ready. It's called the BAFTA mock-up day and I was lucky enough to be invited along a couple of weeks ago.

Whilst relaxing in the luxurious surroundings of the Royal Suite at the Savoy, I had my hair done by Charles Worthington, makeup by an incredible Lancome makeup artist and then got to choose an Escada dress and GET THIS..I wore £200,000 worth of Asprey diamonds. Can you imagine?? I had my own security guard and everything!!

Here are some photos from my not quite, but almost, BAFTA experience!































 







The choice of Escada dresses was mouth-watering and it was crazy wearing that amount of diamonds. I  can't imagine how stressful it must be borrowing them for an entire evening.

On the Lancome front, I was introduced to their AMAZING La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer which I am now totally addicted to. I also loved their Eclat Miracle which is a highlighting serum that can be used on the whole face or just to highlight certain areas. It goes on really smoothly and has a beautiful finish.

I have also been trialling Charles Worthington's Amplifying Volume Treatment, which he recommended to me, and it is excellent stuff...definitely gives me a big boost and makes my usually flat hair look much bigger and bolder. You basically use it instead of conditioner, leave it in for a couple of minutes and wash out.

Thanks for sharing my BAFTA adventure with me and fingers crossed for Poppy and The Imposter!

xx

2 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun!
    You should totally have done a runner in those diamonds ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! I can't stop thinking about the diamonds :) x

      Delete