Thursday 4 April 2013

A Great Mineral Sun Block from John Bell and Croyden

I have always been a light-weight. At University I was known as "Bacardi Breezer girl" because on certain occasions I could be heard slurring after just one. I mean how awful is that?

Anyway, my lightweight capacities have incresed ten-fold recently. I think it's a combination of doing overnight shifts and my diet going to pot because of said shifts, but one can never be sure!

I had a meeting with a really inspiring business contact this afternoon and unfortunately was an absolute gonner after two glasses of red. Whilst she was chatting about some really exciting potential projects, I was seeing double and trying REALLY hard not to go cross eyed. My lips had also gone so numb that I was worried that if I spoke out loud it would come out as a slur.

Following the meeting, I stumbled my way down Sloane Street and called Chris to let him know what a sad and sorry state I was in. He ordered me to get straight on the tube and not to fall asleep. I had other ideas and snuck into Harvey Nichols where I had a long and surreal conversation with someone about the symbolism of perfume, before spending a ludicrous amount on a Tom Ford one. Shit!!


Drunk and tired but protected from the sun!


Anyway, I digress! I want to tell you about a new product that I am going to be using A LOT once the sun actually decides to rear it's pretty head. It is a brush on sun block that can be worn over make up and provides SPF 30 protection.

Now I'm not going to lecture you about how important it is to wear sun-screen on a daily basis to protect you from wrinkles and sun-damage because we've all heard it before. However, if you were to choose to protect your skin then this product is great becuase it's non-greasy, non-sticky, invisible and so damn easy to apply. It is also mineral based and reflects the sun's rays away from your face.

I also love the ingredients which include green tea leaf extract, safflower seed oil, chamomile extract and honeysuckle. I would definitely recommend this if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin.

Brush on Block will be available at one of my (and the Queen's) favourite pharmacies John Bell and Croyden later this month and costs £23.

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea. I've just bought one on your recommendation. From DermacareDirect.

    Such a good idea. I shall be taking it with me to Florida.

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it inspired you Jules! Have a great holiday xx

      Delete
  2. Like no other sunscreen, CeraVe Sunscreen for Face SPF 30 gives powerful protection using the same zinc oxide trusted by lifeguards and dermatologists.
    Sunscreen Facial SPF 30

    ReplyDelete