Monday 29 April 2013

Some Products For The Man In Your Life

As well as being a total product junky, I also get a lot of enjoyment from making my own beauty products. (I will do a proper post on this soon).

If you've been reading this blog for a while then you'll know that I often use my husband Chris as my beauty guinea pig and we were in absolute hysterics when I made him try my chocolate face mask the other week. He looked a real sight as he sat there, with a face covered in chocolate (amongst other ingredients). He ended up eating a lot of it and  I have the most amazing photographic evidence of the whole experience but have been forced to swear that I will not publish it. Damn!

As well as having his face smothered in my weird and wonderful recipes, Chris also trials and reviews men's products for me. This has turned him from a soap and water kinda guy to a product enthusiast. (I won't say junkie because he's definitely not that keen, but rest-assured I'm working on him!)


Here are some of his current favourites:


Clarins Men Exfoliating Cleanser
£21

Chris reckons that this is the best exfoliator that he has ever used. He uses it as a face wash in the shower and his skin has been really radiant and clear as a result. This also won an award at the CEW Beauty Awards so is trusted by many beauty insiders.




Lab Series PRO LS All in one face treatment
£22


This product is great because it pretty much delivers everything that a man would want from a moisturiser. It is perfect for using after shaving and is smoothing, repairing, moisturising and mattifies the skin. 





Biotherm Homme Youth Architect Serum
£58

I never thought the day would come when my husband would willingly apply a serum, but it has and Chris LOVES this product. Every time he applies it, his skin looks smooth, healthy and positively glowing. It contains a list of great ingredients that really work on a man's skin (Did you know that a man's skin is considerably thicker than a woman's so needs a different type of product?) and is great for smoothing out pesky fine lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment