Sunday 14 April 2013

Me and My Vajacial

This Morning's beauty expert Nicola Bonn having a vajacial 

Being a beauty writer and blogger is not always beautiful. Many of us have surprisingly awful skin. The reason for this is that we spend our lives plastering our faces with an inordinate amount of creams, serums and makeup items, all in the name of trialling and testing. This can result in allergic reactions, product overload and one thoroughly unhappy (and at times acne-ridden) epidermis.

Another element of this beauty malarky is testing new treatments. You won't believe some of the PR blurb I get sent. From suction suits that promise to change the shape of my body forever, to injecting my tummy with my own blood, there is always something weird and wonderful on the market that some poor beauty journalist will offer to try.

Anyway, one treatment that I couldn't resist trialling last week was The Vajacial!! As the name suggests, this is a facial for your vagina. Now we're not talking the kind of facial that involves having cucumber applied to your eyes whilst your face mask dries. No, this facial is quick, easy and very effective.

So, here's your guide to the Vajacial:

1. You need to head to Ministry of Waxing (It's the only place that offers them in the UK at the moment) where a Brazilian wax and facial will set you back £50.

2. They'll start by giving you an amazing brazilian wax (or plain old bikini if you prefer). The wax they use smells of chocolate and is hot wax which is SO much less painful than the strip type.

3. After the wax, out come the tweezers to remove any ingrows.

4. Now it's vajacial time!! Out comes a very clever machine that gives the bikini area a pain-free microdermabrasion type treatment whilst smoothing and moisturising with Salicylic Acid.

5. You are left with an illicitly soft and beautiful bikini area. After a few treatments you will also find a dramatic decrease in ingrowing hairs and pigmentation.

I was invited onto 'This Morning' last Friday where I discussed the treatment and debated my little socks off against the brilliant and very opinionated Natasha Devon. Here's the link:

http://www.itv.com/thismorning/styleandbeauty/has-female-grooming-gone-too-far/

Much to my amusement, we also made it into The Sun. I look awful in the photos but it did make me giggle!



I'd love to know your views on the Vajacial. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment