Wednesday 4 May 2011

The Ultimate Mascara


Whenever I talk to female friends, family and listeners I always find that the one makeup challenge that most of us have in common is the search for the ultimate mascara.

Everyone has different mascara needs. I like my lashes voluminous, long and heavy whilst I have friends who are on the search for a mascara that is natural and lengthening.

In my constant search for the ultimate mascara I often find myself asking women with great looking lashes what they're wearing. I did this the other day and the girl in question looked at me pitifully and said "It's not my mascara..it's my lashes. They're naturally long". I instantly felt very conscious of my stubby little ones and sloped off to find a mirror and apply a few more coats!!

Anyway, I thought I'd tell you about a few mascaras that I love and that people have recommended and also ones that haven't worked that well for me. (This doesn't mean that they won't suit your lashes though!) If you have any recommendations then do put them in the comment box.

L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara: I used this for years and always had great comments about my lashes. If you put on too many coats it can make you look a bit spider-leggy though.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes: This is good if you don't like your lashes all clumped up. It provides a natural look but just wasn't enough to give me the dramatic look that I like.

Benfit BADgal Lash Mascara: This does absolutely nothing for me but my best friend and sister absolutely swear by it and their lashes always look fantastic.

YSL False Lash Effect: Bloody amazing but SO expensive and dries out quickly

Max factor Falsh Lash Effect Mascara: I love this. I usually apply quite a few layers when I use it but the effect is fabulous.

As I said, I'm on a constant search for the ultimate mascara so I'll let you know what I think as and when I try new ones. In the meantime I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment: