Sunday 21 October 2012

Clarins Odyssey Range

I know that it's only October and the word Christmas shouldn't really be uttered until at least late November, but there are some great beauty bits coming out for the festive season and I wanted you to be the first to know about them.

Today I'm going to tell you about the fabulous Clarins Odyssey range. Whilst I wouldn't usually turn to Clarins for makeup, preferring their facial-care products (in particular Flash Beauty Balm) the two products that I'm going to review are beautiful and of a really high quality. I think they would make great Christmas presents as well as being the perfect choice for your makeup bag over the party season.

Ombre Minerale 4 Couleurs (09 Odyssey)



I was so excited when I opened this. Everything about it is classy and glamorous, in particular the gold embellished packaging that comes in a red velvet pouch.

The eyeshadow itself comes in three shades of brown with a gorgeous sparkly gold that can be applied to give a party edge.




If you want to really go for it then you can apply these eyeshadows wet to give an intense effect although the gold is already lovely and intense when dry.

 The brown shades work really well dry for a day-time look so it also serves as a good day to night option.



If you like a bit of guidance, then the palette also comes with a fool-proof instruction manual.

All in all, this is a fantastic eyeshadow palette and is one to put on the Christmas list!


Odyssey Face Palette



This compact powder makes me wish that my Grandma was still alive because she would have adored it. She was an exceptionally elegant and glamorous woman who was a fashion designer in her day and I can imagine her getting this out with pride and blotting her face on the move.

The powder itself is great quality and goes on like silk (that's if you can bear to smudge the gorgeous design).

This would make a perfect pressie for your Mum/ Grandma but is also of such good quality that I recommend it for anyone who is after a flawless complexion.







No comments:

Post a Comment