Sunday 28 October 2012

How to Grow Your Nails


They're getting there!


I come from a family of women with immaculate nails. My Mum is never seen without her trademark red, beautifully shaped nails and my Grandma (her Mum) has beautiful, strong nails.

My beloved Grandma Lily always had immaculate nails and always begged me to stop biting mine when she alive. She used to say that it was a disgusting habit and that it was basically eating yourself!

I blame my nail-biting habit on my best and oldest friend Sally. When we were about eight she introduced me to the "wonder" of nail biting and I never looked back.

Anyway, now I am in my 30's I have decided that it is high time that I follow in the footsteps of my glamourous relatives and start growing my nails. I haven't bitten them for nearly three months and they're definitely getting there.

The only problem is that they are weak, they peel and refuse to grow quickly. (This is obviously down to years of mis-treating them!)

So....how to get nice, strong nails??

Here are some of the things that I have been doing that seem to help:

1. I invested £12 in a crystal nailfile which is meant to be much better for your nails than normal emery boards. It also lasts for years and you can file in both directions without ruining your nails.

2. I have been religiously applying Nail Tek II after my friend recommended it. It is great stuff and there is no doubt at all that it has made my nails much stronger.

3. I use hand-cream WHENEVER I wash my hands and when they feel dry, always ensuring that I massage it into my cuticles.

4. Every night I have been applying OPI Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Repleneshing Oil and really massage it into my cuticles. It's really important to care for your cuticles as they affect the health of your nails.

My Grandma also used to swear by eating a cube of jelly a day!!




No comments:

Post a Comment