Wednesday 31 October 2012

Bobbi Brown Christmas Collection

I'm afraid that my husband has a bit of competition at the moment. I'm having a love affair and it's getting serious. I can't stop looking at the object of my affections and I've been using it at least twice a day.

I'm referring to my Bobbi Brown Bellini Lip and Eye Palette. It's part of their Christmas collection but has instantly become one of the staples of my makeup collection.

Here's a picture of my beloved palette:

Every colour is great!

And here's what I love about it:

- The eyeshadow colours are beautiful and I can honestly say that I would and have been using every single one of them to great effect.  How often can you say that about a palette?

- I love the combination of matte and sparkly shadows. They blend really well and you can create a range of looks including day, night and of course party. I've been using the black for a great smoky effect and the light pink as a highlighter.

- The lipsticks are again in a range of "suit-all" colours and I adore the bright pink which is nowhere near as dramatic as it looks in the palette.

- The palette is £59 and although it is obviously quite a lot to spend on makeup, it is well worth it. This product will last well beyond the party season and the colours will take you through the year.

- If someone bought me this for Christmas I would be a very happy lady!

I have also been trying out the 24 Karat Shimmer Brick.


Who needs jewellery when you can adorn your face with this?

If you haven't ever tried a shimmer brick then I really recommend them. Not only can they be used as highlighters and blushers but each separate part of the brick makes a really lovely eyeshadow which is particularly good for the party season as they give a really intense sparkle and shimmer.

The 24 Karat Shimmer Brick is one of the nicest ones I have used. Used as an eyeshadow, gold looks great on all skin types and I really like each of the 24 Karat golden shades. It also creates the most beautiful highlighter for the upper cheek and brow-bones.

May I also recommend adding the lightest gold to the inside corner of your eyes. It will make them look larger and enhance the rest of your makeup beautifully.

The 24 Karat Shimmer Brick is £35 and again I think this is a very fair price considering what a great multi-tasker it is.

My final highlight of the Christmas range has to be the Uber Nude Lip and Eye Palette.



Classic and Chic

This would make a fantastic stocking filler. It's a sweet palette that will easily fit in your handbag and contains a small but perfectly formed collection of classic and natural lip and eye colours in browns, neutrals and pinks. The palette is a suit-all wonder and is so chic. The price is great too at £36.

If you want to check out the rest of the Christmas Collection then look no further than this link.

By the way, if you have any party makeup tips it would be great to share them with the rest of the Bonn Beauty readers. I'd love to hear your tips and see your piccies at nicola@nicolabonn.com xx


No comments:

Post a Comment