Monday 15 October 2012

Some Great New Products From Superdrug

Since becoming a beauty blogger, I've realised that just because a product costs lots of money doesn't necessarily mean that it will be good.

Like most girls I love nothing better than the wonders of the likes of the Selfridges Beauty Hall, but there are a plethora of goodies in other, more unassuming establishments.

Today I've decided to write up some of the exciting new products that are available at Superdrug. The one thing that they have in common is that they are great value for money and really effective.



The New Chubby Stick?

For a lovely colour that is moisturising and not too intense I always turn to Clinique Chubby Sticks. However at £16 a pop they're not cheap.

If you want a similar product then I recommend Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. Whilst this product is not quite as moisturising as the Chubby Stick it still does a pretty good job and the colour and application are both great. The main attraction is that at  £7.99 they're half the price. Superdrug are also doing a 3 for 2 offer at the moment which means that you can have three of these for the price of one Chubby Stick.

I've been trialling "Cherish" which is a lovely pink that lasts very well. You can get hold of it here



Next Generation BB Cream

I really like this product. It goes on like a dream and contains mineral pigments so although it is very light, it gives fair coverage and a radiant glow. The smell is also delicious.

A lot of people are slightly muddled by what a B.B cream actually does. The most simple explanation is that it is a great multi-tasker and cuts down the need for lots of products as it does everything at once.

This one in particular has SPF 15, hydrates the skin (I applied mine 5 hours ago and my skin is still feeling good) and blurs out wrinkles and blemishes.

The good people at Garnier say that it can be used as a primer and I'd agree as it gives a lovely, smooth finish.

The price is also pretty attractive at a wallet-satisfying £7.49



A Beautiful Eyeshadow Palette


I'm a bit scared of blue eyeshadow but it's very fashionable at the moment and can look really good if it isn't overdone so I decided to give it a go and picked up L'Oreal Paris Riche Quad Pro Eyeshadow in Bleu Mariniere. I stuck mainly to the navy and white to create a smoky effect and was impressed. The shadow goes on nicely and the colours are vibrant. I also really liked the angled applicator.

The palette itself is really cute and I like the way it's laid out too. It also comes in a variety of other colours including the more traditional greys and blacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment