Saturday 1 December 2012

100 Ways For Every Girl To Look And Feel Fantastic

When I was about 13 my Mum bought me a book that became the bible of my teenage years. It was a guide to growing up and had beauty tips, relationship advice and told me in no uncertain terms that deoderant was good and drugs were bad.

Fast forward twenty years and the amazing and award-winning beauty journalist Alice Hart-Davis has teamed up with her teenage daughter Beth Hindaugh and produced the most incredible book which makes mine look positively dull.

100 Ways For Every Girl To Look and Feel Fantastic is a glossy book, filled to the brim with fantastic beauty and health tips for the teenage girl in your life. If only this book had been available when I was younger, I might just have had nicely shaped eyebrows and been a bit more confident about myself.

What I love about the book is that it doesn't preach and is great fun and full of handy tips including everything from how to brush your teeth properly to a plethora of fun looks you can create with eyeshadow. The book is in no way shallow and highlights how beauty is on the inside, but is also really inspiring and such a good all-round guide for a girl who is on the cusp of growing up.

If I had a daughter I would buy this for her and all of her friends. It is a beautiful book and will boost any girl's self-confidence! (I would also be tempted to borrow it and steal some of the tips for myself!)

Nicola Moulton, Beauty Director of Vogue pretty much sums it up when she says "A lovely introduction to the wonderful world of beauty".






PS Check out Alice's amazing writing here


No comments:

Post a Comment