Monday 3 December 2012

Help!! It's Winter

working the night shift


I found out a few weeks ago that my show time on Heart has changed from weekday Early Breakfast to a brand new set of shows at the weekend. I now start at 1am on a Saturday and Sunday. I play amazing 80's tunes until 4am when my show turns into Good Morning Saturday/Good Morning Sunday which is a two hour set of chilled out songs.

It was initially a bit of a shock as I loved doing Early Breakfast, but radio is all about adapting to change and I have decided to embrace this as a new challenge and opportunity. 

Over the weekend I  found myself dancing in the studio to the 80's tunes which was great until I remembered that there is a camera that broadcasts everything I do onto a massive screen in reception. I also received hundreds of texts from my lovely listeners and munched my way through a massive bag of nuts and some other naughtier goodies, so all in all it was great fun!

The only negative point is how blimming cold it is at 6am. It was -2 degrees when I left work on Saturday morning and when I finally got home (after standing in the cold for 20 minutes and waiting for the tube to open) it took me at least half an hour to defrost. (I find that the best thing to do in this situation is to cuddle up to a pre-heated husband, which doesn't always go down well but is very effective!)

Anyway, in this cold weather, how do you protect your skin? Your summer moisturiser may not be enough and I know that my skin gags for something rich and protective when the frost comes out.

I've recently been trialling Radical Skincare's new Replenishing Extreme Moisture and it is deliciously thick and rich without being too greasy and heavy. The cream is designed to protect the skin from extreme weather conditions and drastic temperature changes so is great if you are running from the heated office to the cold outdoors. It is also anti-ageing which is always a bonus. It has just been launched in Space NK and is well worth a try if your skin is suffering at the moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment