Thursday 20 December 2012

A Very Long Day!

One of the hardest working girls that I know is Myleene Klass. She really is super-woman. I'll never forget the days when I worked with her at Classic FM. She'd recently given birth to her beautiful daughter, Ava and came into the office (looking a million dollars) with Ava under one arm and her show prep under the other. Somehow she was managing to juggle being a great Mum with working her socks off. (After the show she was heading abroad for a photo shoot and little Ava was going along too).

In the broadcasting world it is always good to be busy and it is what we freelance presenters hope and wish for.

Anyway, yesterday was one of those much hoped for (but far too long) days.

It all started at 2:20 am when my alarm went off. By 3am I was in the office prepping my show on Heart. By 6am my show was over but it didn't end there. All this week I'm also doing live Christmas giveaways on London's Heart Breakfast. Yesterday Jamie Theakston presented me with a Santa Claus outfit live on air..



By 7am I was heading to Kentish Town to make someone's Christmas. Unfortunately it was pouring with rain so Santa Claus got a bit wet.

By 9:30am I was in my bed grabbing a few hours sleep and then it was up again to go to rehearsals for a major awards ceremony at Grosvenor House. I was the "Voice of God". (think the guy who used to introduce Cilla Black on Bliiiiind Date and you'll be able to envisage what I was doing).




Grosvenor House is gorgeous. Unfortunately I didn't really get time to enjoy the hotel...


Or my massive bed :(



The ceremony was HUGE and was for a big finance company. Guests included Linford Christie and Cheryl Cole.


Even though I was hidden away I still had to look fairly smart.



Getting ready to be "The voice of God"


The production team were amazing. I can't believe the amount of work that goes into an event like this.




By midnight it was all over and I rushed up to grab two precious hours of sleep before the alarm went off at 2:20 am again. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment