Friday 7 December 2012

My Hair Crush

Introducing my gorgeous friend and colleague Sarah.....

I have had a crush on Sarah's hair for years and decided it was high time that I asked her what her secrets were so that I could share them with you (and then nick them for myself)!


Sarah working it Heart style!!



Look at those luscious locks!!



Me and Sarah outside the Heart studio


Sarah's tips for gorgeous hair:


- My hair is very thin but there's loads of it!

- Wash with Kerastase shampoo (The least sexy one in their range) it's called 'Bain Divalent for oily roots and dry ends'. Not sexy!

- I wash the barnet twice with this and make sure I rinse for 2 minutes I know it seems long but my hair looks dull and flat if I don't.

- Then squeeze out the excess water and put on a little bit of Kerastase Masque Nutri Thermique which is actually a treatment but bizarrely I find it light enough to use every day. You can leave on for 5 - 20 minutes and wrap it in a towel (it responds to heat) but I only every manage to leave it on for a minute each day and I rarely bother with the towel thing as conditioner all over my towels would mean more washing chores.

- As I said I only put it on the 'mid section and ends' then comb through with an Afro comb. It's true I'm not Disco Stu but a hairdresser from many moon's ago gave me this little gem and it's the best thing EVER! The condition improved ten fold as my hair used to snap off on the top and made me look like Pat Sharp in the 90's and that's all stopped since using it. It's much bigger than a big comb so won't tug or snap at your hair. If I don't comb the conditioner through, my hair looks useless and tangles when I blow-dry it.

- Rinse the comb in the shower then comb through the top trying to not to get too much conditioner on the top as it will weigh it down. Just a little bit delivered via the miracle comb.

- Once it's been on for 30" to 1 min then do the two minute rinse ting.

- Then I wrap it in a towel, put some slap on my face, then I comb it through with a brush (I know you're not meant to this but it works for me) Then I wrap it in a different dry towel (gets more moisture out) then put some more slap on.

- Once I'm ready I'll put on 'tigi catwalk your highness root boost spray' (another embarrassingly named product). I spray it into my hand first then rub it in the roots. If I spray it directly then I get too much on my hair.

- Comb through. 

- Then I get Kerastase  Elixir Utime oil and put a little bit through the mid lengths and ends, comb through. It's amazing this stuff and lasts forever.

- Then rough dry the ends and blow-dry using a mid size round bristly brush.

-Once dry I put dry shampoo on straight away! Odd I know but it makes it bigger. Little bit of back combing  (with a brush) underneath, L'oreal Elnett Hair Spray and I'm off!

It's a bit of a palava but been doing it for so many years it's like brushing my teeth now.

I get it cut every two months by the lovely Adam at Sergio Giannasso on St Martins Lane in Covent Garden.

He is a jedi of hairdressing and can do your hair in like 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment