Sunday 23 December 2012

Some Old Friends

I've been a very naughty girl and forgotten about some old and loyal friends recently. These friends were so reliable and were always there when I had problems, but I gave them up for more exciting, newer versions.
However, even though the new friends were great while they lasted, many of them ended up letting me down and I realised that it was time to return to the warm embrace of the friends that I knew I could trust and rely on.
This post is a celebration of the old friends that have come back into my life and are here to stay.


Old friend number 1: Liz Earle




I fell in love with Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser when I was in my 20's. My Mum had been away on a Good Housekeeping weekend at Champneys and had received a brilliant goody bag. In it were a plethora of beauty products and being the generous woman that she is, she gave me a whole load of them. Neither of us had heard of Liz Earle at that stage, but as I began to use the (massive) pot of Hot Polish Cleanser I realised that I was on to something special. It felt so good and my skin had never looked better.

That was the start of a love affair that lasted for nearly ten years. I owned literally every product from the range and was always complimented on how good my skin looked. I then started writing this very blog and Liz Earle became a thing of the past as I started testing all sorts of other amazing products.

The thing is though, my skin has recently become really overloaded and is looking dreadful. I have spots and blackheads for the first time in ages and I think it's down to the sheer volume of products that I've been trialling.

Well I got a early Christmas pressie from the lovely people at QVC the other day. It was a little pouch full of miniature sized Liz Earle products and an old flame was instantly rekindled. My skin has literally breathed a sigh of relief and is already looking and feeling so much better.

All of Liz Earle's products are available on the QVC website where there are often much better deals than you'll get on the High Street. I personally recommend the following products:



- Botanical Essence No1 (This perfume is fresh, natural and yummy. It gets comments every time I wear it!)

- Skin Repair Moisturiser (makes your skin super-soft and healthy)




Old friend number 2: Benetint



How could I have forgotten about the wonders of this little pot of joy?? It just gives your cheeks the most gorgeous, natural flush and can also be used on the lips and nipples (if that's your thing!)

This is the original and best tint and now that it's back in my life, it's staying there!


Old friend number 3: 




Why I ever stopped using this I honestly don't know! It's the best lip salve out there and is a total multi-tasker. I've been using it to tame my brows and highlight my cheek-bones. It's also great for easing burns and rubbing into cuticles.


If you've got in touch with some old friends recently I'd love to hear what they are. I always love getting your comments and recommendations so please do say hi via the comment box below xx

1 comment:

  1. Natural skin care products are very good for our skin. I must buy these products for my own uses because my skin is very dry and sensitive...

    ReplyDelete