Monday 17 December 2012

Velvet Manicure

I love love love the week before Christmas. Everyone is relaxed, happy and slightly tiddily and there is a feeling of festive anticipation amongst adults and children alike.

After contracting the miserable curse that is the Norovirus three Christmasses ago (it started just as the turkey was being served) I spend this week in particular constantly applying antibac and keeping well away from anyone who looks slightly green around the gills. I have definitely contracted OCD but it's better than contracting a yucky bug during one of my favourite times of the year.


 Anyway, with my current anti-bac obsession, it's important to also use a great hand-cream as that stuff is seriously drying. At the moment I'm loving Melvita Apicosma Creme Mains extra-riche. It smells good and I am impressed with how hard this little wonder-cream works. My hands feel softer than they have in a long time and all signs of dryness have disappeared.


Anyway, for the second year running, I'm doing a Christmas giveaway on London's Heart Breakfast. This involves knocking on someone's door live on air and presenting them with two Ultrabook laptops and £500. It's such a great prize and I can't believe how good it feels to make someone's Christmas! Just call me Santa's little helper ;)



          Crouching outside a house in my Heart jacket about to give someone a big Xmas surprise!


When I got back to Heart HQ this morning, feeling all warm and fuzzy after my giveaway, I was talked in to doing some hand modelling (why me I don't know as I have definite sausage fingers!) for the beauty section of  heart.co.uk. 

I had to model a velvet manicure and it is one of the weirdest things that has ever adorned my nails!!



 Please excuse my messy nails and sausage fingers!!


Velvet manicures involve painting your nails and then basically dipping them in a bag of fluff while they are still wet. Blow off the fluff and voila...you have velvety nails. 

I think mine look more dusty than velvety, but to the touch they feel soft and slightly fluffy. Kind of like a short -haired rabbit's nose.

Why anyone would have a velvet manicure is beyond me....but if you are a cosy type and find a good old classic gloss a bit too cold for this time of year, then why not get in the Christmas spirit and go for a far fluffier version!

Here's a link to the polish and "fluff" that was used in the picture xx





No comments:

Post a Comment