Wednesday 23 January 2013

Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful Makeup Lesson

I spent yesterday afternoon having a Bobbi Brown Pretty Powerful makeup lesson at Liberty in London.

I love Bobbi Brown's makeup ethos. She believes that makeup should be an enhancement of your natural self and that if you get it right you can feel both pretty and more importantly, powerful.

I couldn't agree more! When I left the house to go to my lesson, totally bare-faced, I felt like a much less confident version of myself. Two hours later I was ready to face the world with a spring in my step.

So...I'm going to take a deep breath and share the stages of my lesson with you. That means you get to see me without makeup on! YUCK!




Makeup free and looking quite simply bleurrrrrrrgh!


BB Cream and under-eye concealer - Tick!



Blusher and bronzer making me feel a bit more human





Makeup done! Feeling pretty and powerful :0)





These are the products they used on me (see full list below)





Here's my Pretty Powerful list of products:

Prep for the skin:

Hydrating face cream: This comes with a built in primer
Hydrating eye cream
Hydrating tonic: This stuff is stunning and is a brilliant moisture-trap
Repair serum: really good for any dry patches you have
lip balm

Under-Eye Concealer:

Eye Brightener in Light Bisque: This is a bit like Touche Eclat but has less light-reflecting pigments and is a better colour corrector

Foundation:

BB Cream in Light: Protective and makes the skin lovely and dewy

Powder/bronzer:

Powder in pale yellow
Bronzer in Golden Light 

Blush:

Desert Pink: This is a suit all, beautiful English Rose hue

Lips:

Rose Petal Creamy Lip: moisturising (contains shea butter) and the perfect shade of pink

Brows:

Smoke (eyeshadow)

Eyeshadow:

Beach honey with Slate in the crease of the eye for contouring

Eyeliner:


Mascara:

Extreme Party: Great mascara for if, like me, you like having massive lashes

The brushes used were INCREDIBLE! If you are looking to buy some great makeup brushes then I definitely recommend Bobbi Brown.


The products above are obviously my tailor made list, but a lot of them would suit many skin tones. I do recommend that you have a Pretty Powerful Lesson though. Not only will you learn some great makeup techniques, but you'll discover the colours and products that really work for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment