Friday 11 January 2013

Review of Marni Perfume

When I arrived at work yesterday I was presented with a little bag saying Marni. My heart fluttered with excitement when I realised that it was a bottle of the brand new Marni fragrance.






The Press Release was literally pages long and I get the impression that a lot of work has gone into both the formation of and all the marketing around the fragrance.

So what does it actually smell like?

Well it is a very weird smell to be honest and I can't work out whether I love it, hate it or am a bit indifferent.

Perhaps it will help if I go through the ingredients...

The Top Notes are bergamot, pepper, ginger and pink peppercorn. To me the perfume smells of fizzy pink lemonade with a floral yet slightly bitter edge when first sprayed.

The Heart of the perfume is cardomom, rose and cinammon bark which is an interesting combination. I find that these ingredients don't quite blend together and instead stand on their own, kind of fighting for attention. This is a bad thing for me but for others may be spot on.

The Bottom is rich and delicious and includes Patchouli, Incense, Vetiver and Cedarwood.

I want to like this fragrance so much, but the rose, bergamot and patchouli seem to clash with the cinammon and ginger. It is almost as if too many  ingredients have been put together and they don't quite mesh.

Perhaps this was the aim. Perhaps this perfume is for those women who like their fragrances unpredictable and a bit eccentric.

I just don't think that this particular fragrance works for me, but I beg you to try it, as I know that some women will find it totally fascinating and wonderfully different to all the other fragrances on the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment