Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Oxfam Get Together at Floripa, East London

Last night saw the launch of this year's Oxfam Get Together at Floripa in East London.

Cherry Healey was talking at the event so asked me along and it was unbelievably touching, emotional and inspiring.





The idea of the Oxfam Get Together is that women like you and I organise events for the ladies in our lives to raise money for other women around the world who are having a hard time of it. This is all in celebration of International Women's Day.

The get together can take whatever form you want it to. Lauren Laverne is going to do a clubbing night for all her mummy friends, Gemma Cairney is organising a jumble sale where you'll find an array of clothes from her fellow female celebrities and I want to do a Spice Girls night for the gorgeous girls at Heart. (I might even try and get Emma Bunton along).

Sometimes I worry that I don't really know where the money that I give to charity ends up. Last night gave me tangible proof that Oxfam really do put our money towards the most incredible causes. In the last year they have empowered women in Africa by helping them to overcome domestic violence, become important figures in their community and most importantly increase their earnings so that they can feed and care for their families.

If you'd like to hold a get together then all the info can be found here

Oh and definitely head to Floripa for a great night out. It's great fun and the cocktails are delicious xx

http://instagram.com/p/UPa8FiLRAB/
















No comments:

Post a Comment