Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Riding House Cafe and Pepe St Martin's Lane

I have a serious love/hate relationship with January.

I love the feeling of inspiration and get up and go. It's a time for new projects and a renewed feeling of energy.

I hate that all my favourite magazines suddenly start preaching about the dreaded diets/detoxes/exercise/sportswear that I should be doing/buying. Where are all the fun articles and the recipes for scones and chocolate cake??

So, in defiance I have spent the last 24 hours feasting on delicious pizza and sipping on wonderful cocktails. Take that evil January!!!



The Riding House Cafe

Last night I went for drinks with the lovely Cherry Healey. She recommended The Riding House Cafe on Great Titchfield Street which is destined to be my new favourite haunt.




 Cherry is being a very good girl and doing a January detox so she went for a tonic and Angostura Bitters. I on the other hand had just finished nine night shifts in a row and was up for something a bit naughtier. I went for the Fitzrovia Breeze but instead of just plain elderflower cordial, I had the addition of an elderflower liquor. It was delicious, moreish and went down far too easily.



The Riding House Cafe is the perfect place to meet up with friends or go on a romantic date. It is funky and urban, yet warm and atmospheric. The cocktails are to die for, and the food being tucked into on the table next door looked utterly delicious.



Pepe St Martin's Lane


After last night's cocktails, I was after something naughty but not too grubby for lunch. I decided to give the pizzas at Pepe St Martin's Lane a go as they looked fresh and virtuous compared to the Pizza Hut takeaway stall in Leicester Square. (Which was where I was headed when I saw this little gem).


This tiny cafe/restaurant is cute and very authentic. They sell "Italian Street Food" which basically means delicious slices of pizza and fresh pasta to eat in or takeaway.


The options were endless. I went for a slice of the pepperoni pizza and it was thin, full of flavour and so authentic that it took me straight back to my recent trip to Venice. 

I also liked the chef who rushed up and down the stairs, delivering fresh slices of hot pizza straight out of the wood fire oven. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment